Your bundle of joy is soon to be ONE!!! What a momentous occasion to celebrate and commemorate! Your baby has grown so much in his or her first year and a cake smash session is the perfect opportunity to capture this growth. From the way they sit, to the way they smile with their baby teeth shining through and the way they clap their hands or curl their toes! Cake smash sessions are offered in my home studio. You choose the theme/colors and I take care of setting up your chosen theme including props, and helping you choose and coordinate the baby’s outfit. I do not order cakes due to allergies but can help coordinate.
Frequently asked questions
When should I schedule my baby’s cake smash session?
Timing is very important when planning and booking your child’s cake smash session. It is suggested to book your session at 11 months of age or at least 4-6 weeks before the date of the party. If the baby is already walking, please book the session as soon as possible to ensure full cooperation from the baby so that he or she gets the most of the cake smash experience. *Please book your session at least 4 weeks prior to the above mentioned criteria as it takes me time to build your setup, gather/purchase props, order the cake, etc.
How do I choose a theme for my baby’s cake smash session?
- Choose a theme from your baby’s favorite book, a favorite animated character, movie or tv show.
- I love Pinterest as much as any other parent so if you have any specific pictures or ideas that you see and love, send them my way so I have a better idea of what you would like.
- If you are having a 1st birthday party, you may want to choose the same theme as the birthday party so that you can use the pictures for the party invites and to display at the birthday party itself on the cake table
Will you help me choose my baby’s outfit?
Of course! I am happy to help you in selecting the baby’s outfit. Even if you do not need my help, please send me a picture of the outfit beforehand so I can be sure it coordinates with the studio setup/theme we have discussed
How should I prepare my baby for their photoshoot?
- On the day of the photoshoot, timing the session is very important. I would schedule the session after your baby’s nap for a successful session.
- Please be sure that the baby has also been fed before the session.
- Make sure the baby is comfortable in their chosen outfit prior to the photoshoot.
- Please make sure the baby has a clean diaper on before the start of the photoshoot.
- During the session, the baby will taste, eat, play and get frosting all over! As will YOU most likely while handling the baby afterwards. Please be sure to bring a change of clothes and towels for the baby AND yourself as well! This can be a very fun but messy occasion!
Do you allow picture or video making with my cell phone or camera during the session?
I do NOT allow any kind of picture taking or video filming during the session with any kind of device. This is your baby’s first birthday, most likely their first time tasting sweet frosting and it’s so important for you, the parent, to focus, be present and experience the baby’s moments. Any device is a distraction for yourself AND the baby as well. Please be present and enjoy your child!
When will I receive the link to my online gallery?
After 1-2 days of your session, you will receive a link and a password to your online proofing gallery to view your images (up to 35 images). This gallery is only available for one week! Please select 15 images to be hand edited by me which are included in your package. Additional images may be purchased for $20 per image.
- Up to one hour of studio time. We begin with taking some pictures of the baby without the cake first and then add the cake in for some really fun pictures!
- 15 images hand-edited by me. Additional images may be purchased for $20 per image.
Starts at $500
ADD ONS: Baby Bath after cake smash for $100 -Includes 3 Additional Images
*Please Note: Cake Smash sessions are for baby ONLY. If you would like to do family portraits, please schedule a family session separately. Thank you.
All cake smash sessions require a non-refundable $250 retainer fee (which is applied towards the cost of the session) as well as a signed contract to book and hold the date. The remaining balance is due 48 hours PRIOR to the session.